Get a Good Night's Sleep to Increase Fat Burning
Did you know... Sleeping well can increase fat burning.
Here are some tips for a good night's sleep!
1. Make sure that you’re getting enough magnesium in your diet. Taking 300 - 600 mg of magnesium supplement can really help.
2. If you’re on a low carb diet eating a little fat before bed can help. Try having a teaspoon of MCT oil or a tablespoon of coconut butter or almond butter.
3.A tablespoon of raw honey can also help if you’re on a low carb diet and can’t sleep.
4. A cup of warm (non-caffeinated) drink can help calm you down and help you sleep. I recommend a herbal tea like chamomile tea.
5. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that really calms you down and helps you sleep. It’s especially good if you end up staying up late working or doing something that’s stimulating before going to sleep.
6. Try sleeping in the dark without any ambient light. The darker the better, especially for quality deep (REM) sleep.
7. If possible try and get to bed before 11pm. You get better quality of sleep when you go to bed before 11pm rather than after 11pm.